9 Ways to Improve Your Prayer Life
From Prayer Power
by Peter Lundell
1. Establish a designated place to pray.
2. Set a designated time of day to pray.
3. Use written prayers or music to help get started.
4. Repent of the things that hinder your prayer.
5. Pray out loud–this clarifies thoughts.
6. Personalize Bible verses when you pray.
7. Let yourself get in a situation where you have to trust God.
8. Seek the Holy Spirit’s leading–and listen.
9. Be bold and persistent.
Prayer. It’s one of the most talked about subjects in religious circles. We have books, blogs and organizations focused on teaching Christ followers the correct way to communicate with God. In Prayer Power, author Peter Lundell shares his own personal struggle with communicating with God and provides insight from examples in Psalms and the gospels for Christians to examine to bulk up their prayer life. Lundell ends each chapter with growth gauges and suggested prayer activities to encourage and establish routine prayer time. You’ll find his honest approach to prayer refreshing, his transparency encouraging and his instruction helpful and practical.
Tomorrow: Interview with Peter Lundell